From seedling to squared timber—the timber processing chain
Where? Hall B6
Producer Group for Quality Forest Plants “Southern Germany” e.V. (EZG) in cooperation with the Bavarian State Forests AöR (BaySF), Bavarian Office for Forestry Seed and Plant Breeding Teisendorf (ASP, StMELF) and ForstBW
Sustainable forestry starts with seeding and mulching
- Forest regeneration in times of climate change; climate change and new tree species; growing stock targets, models
- Cone pickers at work / fir picking; various planting methods and root cutting
- Forest plant production—plant quality
- Verifiability of forestry origins according to ZüF (Certification Ring for Verifiable Forestry Origins, Southern Germany)
German Statutory Accident Insurance (DGUV) – Department “Roads, Waters, Forests, Animal Husbandry” in cooperation with the Accident Insurance Fund North Rhine-Westphalia, Bavarian Accident Insurance and the Forestry Training Center FBZ Laubau (BaySF)
Cordless technology for forestry work—the way forward?
- New equipment technologies for plantations and young forest tending—cordless technology from a work safety perspective
- Safety awareness! Instruction video clips for safe forest work
- kommmitmensch: Safe. Healthy. Together.
German Board of Trustees for Forestry and Technology e.V. (KWF)
Opening up and inventory of forests
- Needs-based opening-up of forests, forest road planning, structure and building, road drainage, assessment of state of roads, maintenance and more.
- Unmanned Aerial Systems UAS: Drone use in the forest—the future has begun.
Timber harvesting—high-tech in the forest
- Debarking harvester heads
- No slippage on the slope—use of traction auxiliary winches
The modern forestry tractor—a multipurpose machine for special tasks
- A forestry tractor in action, equipped with radio remote control, winch, synthetic ropes and other accessories
- Low-impact OnTrack forwarder
- Timber scaling in the forest and factory—from manual to mechanized work
From forest to factory—logging trucks
End products—you can make (almost) anything out of wood
- Material use of wood
- Energetic use of wood
Vision of the future—forest work and forestry technologies of tomorrow
- Several on-going research projects will be presented at a joint pavilion.
Forestry 4.0 and the Internet of Things
- Where is the digital journey leading? “Digital twins” reflect the reality in Forestry 4.0.
- The possibility of simulating different scenarios to optimize decisions and the extensive exchange of data among the players in the process chain are two crucial advantages of digitalization.
Change without notice